As part of the countdown to the festival I’ve asked our esteemed guests and contributors three quick questions:
1. What was your first encounter with H.P. Lovecraft?
2. Which one of his stories do you like the best?
3. What will you be doing at SHPLFV?
You will probably find a lot of common ground reading their answers in the days to come. Our fifth contributor to be interviewed is cartoonist/illustrator Joakim Hanner:
1. My first encounter came through the record cover for the Iron Maiden album. A quote from ”The Nameless City” was carved on the tomb stone pictured there:
“That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”
2. ”The Colour out of Space” and ”Pickman’s Model” are high on my list. But it’s really hard to pick a favourite.
3. I will be drawing to live music. In front of an audience. A first one for me, so it’s gonna be sweet!