As part of the countdown to the festival I’ve asked our esteemed guests and contributors three quick questions:
1. What was your first encounter with H.P. Lovecraft?
2. Which one of his stories do you like the best?
3. What will you be doing at SHPLFV?
You will probably find a lot of common ground reading their answers in the days to come. Our seventh contributor to be interviewed is lecturer and waffle master Daniel Löf.
1. I found Lovecraft through (Lise Myhre´s) Nemi book 2. In one of the longer stories she is seen reading At the Mountains of Madness. I found the title and the name of author intriguing. Shortly thereafter I bought one of the Penguin Classics with Lovecraft that I still keep to this day.
2. I have two favourites that’ve kept a tight grip on my consciousness. The first one is ”Dagon”, the images conjured by the island rising up fascinated me. The other story is ”Cool Air”, simply because it reminds me of Clive Barker.
3. I will have a presentation about Lovecraftian games and the long reach of his literary tentacles in pop culture.